STREAMLINED ENERGY & CARBON REPORTING (SECR)
From April 2019, the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) came into force replacing the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) with a simpler reporting framework building on the existing mandatory reporting of greenhouse gas emissions by UK quoted companies and the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
Who needs to comply with SECR?
If your registered company has over 250 employees plus an annual turnover of >£36 million or an annual balance sheet total of >£18 million, you are legally obliged to comply with SECR. From April 2019, qualifying companies will be required to report on energy use, carbon emissions and energy efficiency actions taken over the previous year.
BENEFITS OF SECR REPORTING
There are direct benefits to your organisation in the measuring and reporting of environmental performance as it will: –
- Benefit from lower energy and resource costs.
- Gain a better understanding of exposure to the risks of climate change and demonstrate leadership, which will help strengthen your green credentials in the marketplace.
- Provide investors, shareholders and other stakeholders with better environmental disclosures in annual reports and accounts.
- Benefit from the use of environmental KPIs to capture the link between environmental and financial performance.
- Assist your organisation in identifying the environmental risks that are material to your operations and supply chains or are likely to become so (e.g. physical risks from climate change, or business risk from volatile energy and commodity prices). Enabling the Company to take early action to address such risks can generate new business opportunities.
WE CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE SECR COMPLIANCE
Teamwork consultants will work with you to identify, collate and review your organisation’s current carbon footprint information and work with you to develop a SECR statement for inclusion in the Company’s Director’s report.
OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
In addition to SECR compliance, we also provide a range of consultancy services to assist organisations in achieving compliance and/or certification – where applicable, with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), ISO 14001 (Environment), ISO 14064 (Carbon Footprint) and ISO 50001 (Energy Management).
Our knowledge and experience across a broad base of management and environmental standards makes us uniquely equipped to help organisations to develop environmental and energy management systems and integrate with existing management systems to achieve all the associated economies and efficiencies in the system design, implementation and maintenance.