ISO 14001 Certification
Are you required to have ISO 14001 Certification? Would you like assurance that your organisation has sound Environmental management controls in place? If so, Teamwork IMS consultants can help.
About ISO 14001
The ISO 14001 Standard is globally recognised to help organisations manage their Environmental controls. ISO 14001 can be applied to companies of all sizes in the private sector, but also to universities, charities, and public sector organisations. Achieving UKAS-accredited certification to ISO 14001 provides independent assurance to your existing and potential customers and other interested parties that you have appropriate Environmental Management controls in place. It can also give you that vital edge over your competitors.
WE CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION
Teamwork consultants will review your organisation’s current Environmental Management processes against the requirements of the ISO 14001 Standard, and work with you to develop a plan and implement the necessary controls to achieve compliance with ISO 14001. If required, our consultants will then assist you to ultimately achieve UKAS-accredited ISO 14001 certification.
COMBINING ISO 14001 WITH OTHER ISO STANDARDS
Are you considering achieving combined certifications for ISO 14001 alongside other Standards such as ISO 9001 (Quality) ISO 45001 (Health & Safety) or ISO 27001 Information Security for example? Do you already have certification to other ISO Standards and want to integrate ISO 14001 requirements with them? Teamwork IMS consultants specialise in this combined approach, that is, implementing Integrated Management Systems.
For organisations who need to achieve two or more ISO standards, there are significant advantages in implementing these standards in parallel rather than taking a phased approach, in particular the internal and external incremental costs can be significantly reduced. There are also significant resource economies to be achieved with projects addressing multiple ISO standards e.g. one gap analysis, one implementation programme, less potential for duplication and more effective integration of your management systems. Maintenance of an integrated management system is also more efficient in terms of audits, management review, documentation, and continued assessment.
ISO 14001 - Not only seen to be green
Organisations today can no longer ignore the environmental impact of their operations and are under constant pressure to reduce their carbon footprint. At the same time, investment in new technology continues apace, as companies struggle to meet constantly changing customer and market demands. Environmental certification demonstrates ethical responsibility and commitment to the environment in your everyday operations. Through compliance you can make better use of energy and resources and cut long term costs. Compliance also reduces the risk of penalties and litigation, and opens up business opportunities with environmentally-aware customers. Teamwork will help you to identify all of the environmental aspects of your business operations and will assess the impacts so that you can develop appropriate policy’s and controls that will benefit your organisation and the environment in general from being better controlled through monitoring, measurement and targets to improve.
BENEFITS OF UKAS-ACCREDITED ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION
- Fulfils core requirements for ‘doing business’ with many Public and Private sector customers and other interested parties
- Provides documented policies and procedures, which will assist in the submission of bids and tender responses during competitive processes
- Demonstrates a commitment to achieving legal and regulatory compliance to regulators and government
- Expresses ethical responsibility and an environmental commitment to stakeholders
- Prompts improved management of environmental risk
- Improves corporate image with both existing and potential customers, and the public
- Portrays a clear message to all concerned parties that this is a company devoted to high standards and continual improvement
- Demonstrates sound environmental performance and control of the Company’s activities and services in relation to their impact on the environment
- Improves the resilience of organisational resources through development of systems and processes that will enable key services and supporting activities to be sustained throughout
- Provides a solid foundation for further development of management systems to embrace other industry standards that are likely to become important in the future.
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS AND MAINTAINING CERTIFICATION
To find out more about our ISO 14001 certification process, please click here.
If you already have ISO 14001 certification, please click here to find out more about how we can help you maintain and improve your existing management system.
To see some of our clients for whom we have helped achieve ISO Certification, please click here?
In addition to our ISO 14001 consultancy services, we also have extensive experience in supporting our clients with Energy Management Compliance and Certification requirements including:
- Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme (ESOS)
- ISO 50001 (Energy Management) Certification
- Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR)
OUR ISO 14001 Consultants
Since 2007, Teamwork has been instilling absolute quality into the delivery processes of a huge range of organisations, from SMEs to large corporates. Our team of environmental professionals including CISSP, PCI Security Standards Council QSA, MBCI, GDPR, IEMA, ESOS and CMIOSH qualified consultants) have developed and led UKAS accredited ISO and other standards-based service improvement programmes for private and public-sector organisations across the UK, EMEA, US and beyond, from 5 to over 20,000 people businesses.
Our knowledge and experience across a broad base of management and technical Standards makes us uniquely equipped to help organisations to develop an environmental management system and integrate with existing management systems to achieve all the associated economies and efficiencies in the system design, implementation and maintenance.
This experience, and the huge success of both the project delivery and maintenance phases of our standards-based practices, has been firmly based on two key principles: the ability of Teamwork consultants to look beyond the standard in question and identify, define and align with the real business drivers of our customers, and our innate ability to become one with our customer’s own management teams.