Information Security – The Challenge
The confidentiality, availability and integrity of information is critical to the operation and survival of businesses. Whilst organisations believe they have a clear understanding of the risks they face, only a small subsection formally assess those risks, resulting in businesses that may be insecure, with expenditure in technology and information security either too low, or not targeted at the important risks. This often results in organisations exposed to risks of financial losses, such as from theft of data and assets, damage to an organisation’s reputation, or non-compliancy with laws and regulation, which can result in fines imposed by regulators.
ISO 27001 helps an organisation manage and protect their assets by ensuring that adequate and proportionate controls are in place to address the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. This helps an organisation to protect their information assets and give confidence to any interested parties. These parties include customers, trading partners, employees and the needs of society in general.
Who is it relevant to?
ISO/IEC 27001 is suitable for any organization, large or small, in any sector or part of the world, where the protection, namely confidentiality, availability and integrity of information is critical. It is also relevant to organizations which manage information on behalf of others. It can be used to assure customers that their information is being protected.
Benefits of Compliance
The ISO/IEC 27001 certification can bring the following benefits to an organization:
- Provides a competitive edge, as many companies now see certification to ISO/IEC 27001 as a prerequisite for doing business, to demonstrate the security of their information
- Bases information security decisions and investments on risk assessment of relevant assets while formalizing information security processes, procedures and documentation
- Takes into account business and legal or regulatory requirements, and contractual security obligations
- The regular assessment process helps an organisation to continually monitor their performance and improve
- Assures ability to meet contracted client commitments through appropriate Business Continuity
- Minimises the business impact and dealing effectively with security incidents
- Maintains awareness of employees so they can identify and fulfil contractual, legislative and company specific security management responsibilities
- Proves senior management’s commitment to the security of its information
- Gives an objective view from management system experts as judged against best industry practice,
How We Help
Teamwork IMS specialise in implementing standards based service improvement programmes for many different types of organisations. We will design the system around your existing business practices, and help you identify and solve the areas of your business that do not conform to the ISO 27001 Standard.
Our team of information security professionals (HMG, CISSP and PCI Security Standards Council QSA, GDPR, ESOS and MBCI qualified consultants in Information Security) deliver information security consultancy, certification and accreditation programmes for major IT, financial, central and local government, and health sector organisations, as well as many small and medium sized organisations where personnel, physical and environmental security are important aspects of the delivery and continuity of services.
How We Work
Teamwork provides powerful certification programme management solutions on a project consultancy basis. We use project based methodologies that are proven to work, are consistent, and developed with multi-site organisations in mind.
Charging is by fixed-price contract for the whole programme, ensuring a clear budget from the outset with no surprise extra fees. Each component service is available separately and can be tailored precisely to the needs of your organisation. If additional standards are added at a later date, much of the ground work will have already been done, saving time and costs.