ISO 41001 Facilities Management Certification
Introduction to ISO 41001 (Facilities Management)
As organisations focus on delivering a sustainable workplace that responds to evolving technologies and user needs, facility management (FM) has an important role to play. Facilities Management is one of the fastest growing professional and operational disciplines globally. Organisations are increasingly requiring a consistent FM approach across locations, sites and facilities - one that supports in-house delivery and provides procurement teams with a benchmark to measure the competency and maturity of FM providers in a global market. ISO 41001 can help you to provide your clients and other interested parties with assurance that your organisation has effective and efficient facilities management controls that align to a global, industry recognised, Standard.
About ISO 41001
The ISO 41001 Standard is globally recognised and specifies the requirements for a facility management (FM) system when an organisation:
- needs to demonstrate effective and efficient delivery of FM that supports the objectives of the demand organisation.
- aims to consistently meet the needs of interested parties and applicable requirements.
- aims to be sustainable in a globally competitive environment.
ISO 41001 can be applied to companies of all sizes in both the private and public sector, and in any geographical location.
BENEFITS OF ISO 41001 CERTIFICATION
Meeting Stakeholder Requirements
- Demonstrates to your prospective clients that you deliver to a globally consistent benchmark
- Makes visible to all of stakeholders the good governance controls and best practice processes implemented within your organisation
- Improves organisational performance and minimise costs
- Drives value across your facilities
- Prompts improved identification and management of risk
- Supports your organisation in the management of the life cost and usability of assets, services and obligations to workspace users
- Demonstrates the control of the environmental impacts of your operations
- Portrays a clear message to all concerned parties that this is a company committed to high standards and continual improvement
- Demonstrates a commitment to achieving legal and regulatory compliance
- Provides documented policies and procedures, which will assist in the submission of bids and tender responses during competitive processes
- Improves the resilience of organisational resources through development of systems and processes that will enable key services and supporting activities to be sustained throughout
- Provides a solid foundation for further development of management systems to embrace other industry standards that are likely to become important in the future.
WE CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE ISO 41001 CERTIFICATION
ISO 41001 Consultants
Teamwork ISO 41001 consultants will review your organisation’s current facilities management against the requirements of the ISO 41001 Standard, and work with you to develop a plan and implement the necessary controls to achieve compliance with ISO 41001. If required, our consultants will then assist you to ultimately achieve ISO 41001 certification.
COMBINING ISO 41001 WITH OTHER ISO STANDARDS
Integrated Management Systems
Are you considering achieving combined certifications for ISO 41001 alongside other Standards such as ISO 9001 (Quality) ISO 45001 (Health & Safety), ISO 14001 (Environment) or ISO 50001 (Energy Management) for example? Do you already have certification to other ISO Standards and want to integrate ISO 41001 requirements with them? Teamwork IMS consultants specialise in this combined approach, that is, implementing Integrated Management Systems.
For organisations who need to achieve two or more ISO standards, there are significant advantages in implementing these standards in parallel rather than taking a phased approach, in particular the internal and external incremental costs can be significantly reduced. There are also significant resource economies to be achieved with projects addressing multiple ISO standards e.g. one gap analysis, one implementation programme, less potential for duplication and more effective integration of your management systems. Maintenance of an integrated management system is also more efficient in terms of audits, management review, documentation, and continued assessment.
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS AND MAINTAINING CERTIFICATION
Achieving ISO 41001
To find out more about our ISO 41001 certification process, please click here.
If you already have ISO 41001 certification, please click here to find out more about how we can help you maintain and improve your existing management system.
OUR ISO 41001 CONSULTANTS
ISO 41001 Certification Experience
Since 2007, Teamwork has been instilling absolute quality into the delivery processes of a huge range of organisations, from SMEs to large corporates. Our team of environmental professionals including CMIOSH, IEMA, ESOS, CISSP, PCI Security Standards Council QSA, MBCI and GDPR qualified consultants) have developed and led UKAS accredited ISO and other standards-based service improvement programmes for private and public-sector organisations across the UK, EMEA, US and beyond, from 5 to over 20,000 people businesses.
Our knowledge and experience across a broad base of management and technical Standards makes us uniquely equipped to help organisations to develop a facilities management system and integrate with existing management systems to achieve all the associated economies and efficiencies in the system design, implementation and maintenance.
This experience, and the huge success of both the project delivery and maintenance phases of our standards-based practices, has been firmly based on two key principles: the ability of Teamwork consultants to look beyond the standard in question and identify, define and align with the real business drivers of our customers, and our innate ability to become one with our customer’s own management teams.